Sunday, March 29, 2009

Things have been crazy over here. Good but crazy.  I really enjoy the people that I work with each day.  This has become such an incredible learning experience.  Dr. Vold comes tomorrow to observe.

Last weekend Sarah and Neil took Kylie and me to Bath and it was gorgeous. I've been there before, but enjoyed seeing it all again, especially going into the Roman baths and doing the whole audio tour thing.  Claire's birthday party was that Friday as well and was a good time :)

I literally just walked in the door a few minutes ago and had to update this thing before people starting questioning my whereabouts.  Kylie and I took a train into Paddington on Friday and stayed with my family friend, Mrs. Spencer, in Chelsea.  She claims she is the poorest family in the area because Mick Jagger lives next door and Eric Clapton lives down the road.  Her house is also 5 stories high and once belonged to a famous 16th century painter and has an electric gate that you need to buzz in order just to get on her front lawn.  Needless to say it was GORGEOUS.  I cannot wait to go back in 2 weeks with my sister.  Kylie and  I took an open top bus tour yesterday and tried to cram a bunch of site seeing in but Kylie is extremely sick and is actually going to the hospital later because she can't eat or even stand up without feeling pain in her stomach.

Went out last night and saw Helen and Katie! It was so good to see them and I wish I had more time to catch up with them but Kylie was feeling awful and it wasn't fair of me to drag her around.  I also have a pretty nasty chest cold and wasn't feeling great either.  Oh, and money...yeah didn't have a lot of it.  I hope to see both of them towards the end of April so I can have a proper English night out with them :)

Kylie and I leave Saturday for Ireland so I am praying that she starts to get better because she has been looking forward to this for a long time.  My sister arrives on April 9th and I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!  I know she is going to love London simply for what it is--a foreign city that she gets to explore and go nuts with her camera and her big sister.  YAY!!!!!

I am going to try to upload pictures from the last few weeks and then head over to Tesco's later with Meg and get them printed so I can start making an album and deleting stuff off of my memory card. (I know they are saved to my computer but I like having them in my hands)

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, we need more updates please! Also, Seans team is Liverpool. Love and miss you Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a informative blog on Teaching Abroad.Keep Writing.

    ReplyDelete